Consignment. How It Works
Flip Flops accepts new and gently used—“still stylish”— clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, home décor, and furniture. Got some stuff you can get rid of? We’re happy to assess your items and decide if you have something our clientele would be searching for.
Upon becoming a consigner with us, you will receive your exclusive consigner number. With that number, you will be able to log in online and see how your account is doing. The consignment period for all items is 90 days.
Items we Accept
- Holiday/seasonal items are accepted within 70 days of the holiday/season.
- Christmas décor is accepted November 1st – November 25th
- We always accept like-new, authentic designer handbags and clothing.
- All items must be clean, smoke-free, tear-free, fully functional, and ready-to-sell.
Items we Do Not accept
- Out of date clothing (unless Vintage)
- Items in need of cleaning or repair
- Out of season décor and clothing
- Worn, torn, or wrinkled clothing
- Items with pet hair and dander
- Items that smell like smoke
If you have questions about what is accepted or have a large item, please call Val at 217-793-7283.
Who sets the price?
This is important. If the price is too high, the item won’t sell. If the price is too low, it’s unfair to our consignor. With years of experience, we price items to sell in a manner that is fair to both buyer and seller. This helps us move your merchandise quicker and avoid price reductions.
Checks can be picked up Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., between the 5th and 25th days of the month for items that sold the previous month.
What if my items don’t sell?
The consignment period for any item is 90 days. Exceptions may be made for larger items at the discretion of the owner. After the 90 days, if you would like to take back items that did not sell, you will need to come pick them up from the shop. Items are considered donated if not retrieved at the end of the 90-day consignment period. If you have any questions, call or stop in today.